Trusted by the world over to deliver all-in-one turnkey waste‑to‑energy plants, customised and built upon our proprietary technologies.
Keppel Seghers is backed by in-depth knowledge and experience in delivering turnkey waste-to-energy (WTE) plants with high quality and reliability.
Our plants are designed to treat all kinds of municipal and industrial waste as well as the combustion of biofuel. The versatility and modularity of our technology enables us to tailor our solution to suit our customers' specific needs.
Mouseover to enlarge.
The thermal treatment process at a Keppel Seghers WTE plant:
- The residual waste is tipped into a bunker. A crane grabs the waste and places it into the feed hopper. It then drops down a feed chute onto the grate.
- The action of the moving grates turns the waste to allow it to burn fully.
- The burnt out ash passes through the ash discharger onto an ash handling system, which extracts metal for recycling. The remaining bottom ash is recovered and can be used in the construction industry.
- Hot gases produced in the combustion process pass through a boiler where heated water becomes steam.
- A turbo-generator uses the steam to produce electricity for export to the local power grid. The heat can also be used for industrial processes or residential district heating near the WTE plant.
- The gases from the boiler go through an extensive flue gas cleaning process. This consists of a scrubber and a bag filter where particulates are filtered out. The cleaned gases are finally released to the atmosphere through the chimney.
For more information, download our brochure.